Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Milner Family Epic Summer Adventures

..........And so begins summer of 2012.  You can look at the next 3 months as a prison sentence or as a time to reconnect with you kids. I personally dont think  prison sounds very fun so I am going to opt for the latter. I have two goals this summer, first to not allow my kids to spend more time on the t.v. then they do with me. And second, to not end up praying for the day school starts again.
We started off this epic summer with a trip to Manti to visit my sister and her kids. I left the hubby at home and as much as I am sure he enjoyed the quiet time, he really did look happy for us to come home. :)
Here is a pic of us getting started:








When we got there we immediately headed up to mountains for a hotdog/ marshmallow roast



Dallin picked me wild flowers. LOVE THIS BOY!


Me and my amazing sister Carmen :)




Carmen and Keeley





Joe-Joe's face cracks me up. And I love that Aaliyah is resting her head on my shoulders. She is growing up so much and I love these little times when she still wants to be my friend. :)





The next day we set off for Palisade Lake.  It cost us 6 bucks to get in and other than the sunburns/mosquito bites  we received while we were there we loved it!
































I was also able to do a session at the Manti Temple, I had actually never been.







They recently built a reflection pool across the street from the temple. Absolutely beautiful at night.













So there it is, our brief visit to Manti. We had a lot of fun and cant wait to go back, hopefully for the pageant. Much love to my sister for making this trip economical for us. 


1 comment: