Friday, June 15, 2012

This has been a really fun and busy week. There is so much to do in Utah! Who would have known?

On Tuesday we toured Sweets Candy Factory. We brought along my nephews Issac and Eli. The kids had a lot of fun learning about how candy is made. I'm sure the funnest part was actually getting to taste the candy, but they still had fun!


Every Wednesday we head to Jordan Landing for the Summer Movie Clubhouse.  This week we saw Happy Feet 2.  It was a good movie for .50 cents. Thats all I will say about that 

Thursday was one of the funnest days. We put our swim suits on, lathered up the sunblock and headed out to a splash pad with Andrea and her kids. This is my one of my favorite summer activities. Kids have a blast and its completely free! Its so much funner than just running through the sprinklers at home, and hey its not using MY water. 


Love this picture of joe joe!



This is the other reason I love splash pads....nap time is always inevitable!

But friday was the most monumental day of the week! We hiked Ensign Peak! This was not my first mountain but it was for my kids and on this hike I learned two things.
1. I am grossly out of shape
2. Brigham Young was an inspired man.
I couldnt get Joe Joe to get in the picture with us.


Aaliyah was the first one up the Mountain and this is how I found her. LOL

Beautiful right?



They are all really tired by this point but Charmaine is still pretty hard core. :)


Looking over the Salt Lake Valley was amazing. And I loved sharing the moment with my kids.
I have had alot of people in my life complain about Salt Lake City; the culture, the city, the politics. And as many faults as this city may have, I love living here! There is so much here for me and my family to do and be a part of. And as I stood at the top of that mountain I couldn't help but feel inspired by all the scarifies the pioneers made to make this place a home. I am proud  to live in this valley. :)

More to come on the summer of 2012..........

1 comment:

Mostly Jessica said...

You are having too much fun! Also thanks for visiting our blog :)